National Accredited Training
RTO Code: 45008
Our Nationally Accredited Course in Microsuction and Aural Hygiene was developed by consulting with ear health professionals and 14 years of Crystal Clear Ears clinical knowledge and expertise.
Microsuction is the preferred ear cleaning method by Audiologists, GP’s and ENT specialist doctors. It is clinically proven to be a gentle method for removing ear wax, infection and foreign body blockages.
160 hours (40 online, 120 professional placement)
Recognise the anatomy and physiology of the ear, ear conditions and treatment
Perform wax removal by
micro-suction and aural toilet
Manage, educate and
promote aural care
Please note: The procedure of micro-suction and aural hygiene is complex to learn. Not everyone has the same anatomy & physiology or wax type so our course is designed to acquire maximum exposure to a wide variety of ears and wax conditions over three weeks of clinical placement.
- Assess the anatomy and physiology of the ear and ear conditions
- Describe how sound waves are transmitted through the ear
- Complete an ear examination and aural health assessment
- Understand the procedure of micro-suction and aural hygiene
- Use the aural care and micro-suction equipment for the removal of ear wax, foreign bodies and infection effectively
- Determine the type of ear blockage
- Determine abnormalities in the normal physiology of the ear
- Educate patients regarding good aural care
- Examine and treat children
- To communicate with hearing impaired patients and families
- Examine and determine whether the patient requires further health care review
- Report findings of ear
- Understand how an ear clinic and ear nurses work
Once you have been deemed competent in all 3 units by our dedicated Nurse Trainer/Assessor you will be issued a Nationally Accredited Certificate of Attainment within 30 days of completion.
“This course is endorsed by ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 160 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.”
Payment Methods include:
Direct debit, Credit Card or by phone to our head office on 1300 260 750
*If you qualify for Recognition of Prior Learning you will receive a different fee structure
To secure course dates, students are required to pay a non-refundable enrolment fee of $100.
Payment instructions and an initial enrolment fee invoice will be attached when you have decided on the start date for the course.
What we require
- Unique Student Identifier Number (if you do not have USI number please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ to learn more and to register for a number)
For the Online learning package a fee per unit is applied, the fee structure is as follows:
- On commencement of Unit 1 a fee of $750 will be issued and payable as per invoice due date
- On commencement of Unit 2 a fee of $750 will be issued and payable as per invoice due date
- On commencement of Unit 3 a fee of $750 will be issued and payable as per invoice due date
For the Professional Experience Placement, a fee per week is applied, the fee structure is as follows:
- Week 1 Payment of $1500 will be issued and payable as per invoice due date
- Week 2 Payment of $1500 will be issued and payable as per invoice due date
- Week 3 Payment of $1300 will be issued and payable as per invoice due date
Practitioners in fields such as Nursing, Medicine, Audiology and Audiometry – and are registered under health professional bodies such as AHPRA, Audiology Australia, HAASA or other relevant professional bodies related to their field of expertise and who are able to obtain professional indemnity insurance.
RPL is offered based on your prior knowledge, education and workplace experience. Skills are assessed against industry standards, work experience and or prior learning by a training provider or in-house training course.
Applications for RPL will be assessed on an individual basis. Each applicant will need to provide the necessary documentation to demonstrate their competency in accordance with the competency requirement for this course.
Documentation of prior learning is the most common form of evidence however there are also other forms of evidence including:
- third party observations
- self-assessment reviews
- verbal questioning
- phone interviews
- real work samples such as log books & lesson plans.
It is up to the health professional to compile the evidence, in consultation with the Course Coordinator once they have enrolled.
How is evidence collected:
- Interview via Skype or phone
What Evidence is required:
- Qualification such as Degree’s or Certificates
- Work experience hours and letter from employee
Assessment may be:
- Professional Experience Placement for a set amount of time to showcase your technical skills and experience
- Online theory via Moodle education
The nurse educator/course coordinator will consider your skills and knowledge and match them against a suitable unit of competency in the course.
Learning Materials may be:
- Educational leaflets or patient handouts
- Reflective Journals
- Professional experience placement workbook
Please note: Students will be provided with the use of Crystal Clear Ear clinic binocular microscopic glasses while on clinical assessment placement. Details of where to purchase binocular microscopic glasses information will be provided for students to purchase if they wish to do so.
The Trustee for Kithbrook Trust trading as Crystal Clear Ears has no third party agreements with any other organisation for the delivery of 10770NAT Course in Micro-Suction and Aural Hygiene.
Crystal Clear Ears Nurse Trainer/Assessor are the sole providers and deliver the training and assessment from their training facility, 290 Springvale Rd, Glen Waverley, 3150, Melbourne.
Location of Training
Professional Experience Placement will be delivered by Crystal Clear Ears Nurse Trainer/Assessor at our training clinic in Glen Waverley, Melbourne.
Fee Breakdown For RPL Students (Total $2400)
Enrolment fee to secure date $100
Documentation and review $450
Access to Stile education $450
RPL fee to be paid on the first day of assessment $1400
Payment instructions and initial enrolment fee invoice will be attached when you have decided on the start date for the course.
This course is endorsed by ACN (Australian College of Nursing) according to their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 160 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.
If you would like more information or would like to discuss further please call us or email us at [email protected]